Kakamega County Government Jobs: County Executive Committee Members, Public Service Board Chairperson, Secretary and Members
Kakamega County Government
Office of the Governor
Kakamega County Government is situated in the western region of Kenya, with beautiful natural attractions such as the Kakamega forest, crying stone of Ilesi among other attractions.
The March 4th elections saw the election of Governor Wycliffe Ambetsa Oparanya as the first Governor.
In compliance with the provisions of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and the County Government Act No. 17 of 2012, the Governor’s office invites suitable, competent and highly qualified persons to fill the following vacancies:
1. County Executive Committee Members
Duties and Responsibilities:
The County Executive Committee members shall be responsible to the Governor and their duties will entail the following:
- Delivery of services in the respective departments and all decentralized units and agencies within the department.
- Provide the county assembly with regular reports regarding the departments.
- Facilitate the co-ordination and alignment of integrated development plans of their respective departments within the county.
- Implement national and county legislation.
- Advice the Governor on matters relating to their respective areas of jurisdiction.
- Perform any other functions conferred on by the Governor or county legislation
To qualify for appointment as a member of the County Executive Committee, one must meet the following
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Holder of at least a first degree from a university recognized in Kenya
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the constitution of Kenya.
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than five years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the candidate is seeking to be appointed.
- Possess good leadership qualities and inter personal skills.
- Have respect for diversity and be a team player.
- Have capacity to work under pressure in meeting strict deadlines.
2. County Public Service Board
The County Public Service Board shall comprise of the following:
- Five (5) Board Members
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and abolish offices in the County Public Service.
- Confirm appointments and exercise disciplinary control over County Public Service employees.
- Prepare regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on execution of board functions.
- Appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the county public service including town committees within the county.
- Promote in the county public service the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the constitution.
- Evaluate and report to the County Assembly the extent to which the values and principles referred to in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution are complied with in the County Public Service.
- Facilitate the development of coherent, integrated human resource planning and budgeting for personnel emoluments in the county
- Advice the county government on human resource management and development
- Advise county governments in implementation and monitoring of the national performance management system in counties.
- Make recommendations to the Salaries and Remuneration Commission, on behalf of the County Government, on the remuneration, pensions and gratuities for county public service employees
To qualify, one must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Possess a minimum qualification of a bachelors’ degree from a recognized university.
- Working experience in a leadership position of not less than five years for the Secretary and Board members, and ten years for the Chairperson.
- Be professional, with demonstrated absence of breach of the relevant professional code of conduct.
- Satisfy the provision of chapter six of the constitution.
- Understand diversity within the county.
- Be visionary and possess good leadership qualities.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- The candidates for the post of Secretary must be a Certified Public Secretary.
- Qualifications in strategic management will be an added advantage for the candidates seeking to fill the post of Board Chairperson.
Terms of Service
- The Chairperson and members of the County Public Service Board will serve on part-time basis on a nonrenewable contract period of six (6) years.
- The Board Secretary will serve on a full- time basis for a non- renewable contract period of six (6) years.
Please note that every applicant is required to get clearance from the following bodies:
- Ethics and anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Criminal Investigation Department
Kakamega County Government is an equal opportunity employer and all are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Mode of application:
All interested and qualified candidates are required to submit their applications together with copies of their detailed CVs, academic and professional certificates, testimonials and copies of national IDs clearly indicating the positions applied for on the envelop.
Kakamegaa county residents will be required to indicate their constituency of origin.
Manual applications should be hand delivered to Kakamega County Headquarters, at the former Kakamega Town Hall.
Registered mails of posted applications should be addressed to;-
The Interim County Secretary,
P.O. Box 176,
P.O. Box 176,
Application may also be emailed to email@example.com
Closing date will be on 15th April 2013 at 5.00 P.M